The fresh, frugal Vietnamese steak salad recipe is an indispensable dish in eating clean meals. If you also want to add more flavor to your salad, let’s follow Tasty Touch to learn a delicious authentic Vietnamese beef salad recipe with a simple recipe. Let’s go to the kitchen!
How to make an authentic Vietnamese beef salad recipe?
Authentic Vietnamese Steak Salad Recipe – Reveal the SecretCuisine: Vietnamese
Below is a simple but tasty Vietnamese steak salad recipe. Let’s begin:
Beef 500 gr
Glutinous rice 1 tbsp
Palm sugar 3 tablespoons
Mint leaves 15 gr
Coriander 5 leaves
Purple onion 6 pieces
Green onions 3 plants
Chili powder 2 teaspoons
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Fish sauce 5 tablespoons
Ground pepper 1 teaspoon
Cooking oil 1 tbsp
- Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
After removing the onion’s ends and peeling away its skin, you should wash it and then slice it very thinly. After being washed and having their seeds removed, chili peppers are then chopped very finely. The dried-out, shriveled leaves are collected, washed, and then trimmed to remove any tangles.
- Step 2: Prepare and marinate beef
In a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of jaggery, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, and 1 teaspoon of pepper, and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Wash and dry the beef. Then, you cover the meat with a piece of parchment paper and beat it with a pestle or pot until the beef is tender and loose. Next, put the beef in a bowl of marinade, stir well to absorb the spices, and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Roast and pound glutinous rice
Put the pan on the stove and heat it on medium heat, then add 1 tablespoon of glutinous rice and roast it over low heat until the rice turns golden, then turn off the heat. Next, put the rice in the mortar and grind until smooth.
Small tip: If you have a blender you can use to grind sticky rice, the dough will be finer!
- Step 4: Bake the beef
Place a new pan on the stove, add 1 tablespoon of oil, and heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot, you put the beef in and bake on low heat until the meat is just cooked, the outside is tender, and the edges are slightly scorched.
Pro tip: To keep the beef tender and moist, you should only bake it until it’s cooked through, then let the beef cool and then cut it into small pieces.
- Step 5: Make salad sauce
Put 2 teaspoons of jaggery in a bowl, 3 tablespoons of jaggery, 2 teaspoons of chili powder, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and the roasted glutinous rice, and stir well.
- Step 6: Mix the Vietnamese steak salad
Peel the onion and cut it into thin slices. Similarly, you also cut the beef into bite-sized pieces. Next, put in the bowl of prepared red onion, beef, and salad dressing and mix well. Next, add 15g of mint leaves, coriander, and chopped green onions, mix well one more time and you’re done.
Pro tip: If you want to eat more spicy food, you can add a little chili powder.
- Step 7: Finish the Vietnamese beef salad recipe
After the beef has been pan-fried, you slice it, with the thickness varying according to the tastes of each family member. After the vegetables have been prepped, all of the ingredients are combined in a big dish or basin. Add in about 2 tablespoons of the sauce, mix well for 3 minutes, and test a little to see if the taste is just right, then you can taste it again.
When it comes time to eat, you begin by placing the salad on a dish and finishing with a dab of mayonnaise.
Vietnamese steak salad just looks delicious and attractive. Each piece of beef is cooked to be soft, fragrant, rich in spices, salty, sweet, and sour, served with fresh green vegetables, guaranteed to taste like crazy.
Vietnamese steak salad served with a little mayonnaise, soft and sweet beef, mildly bitter salad, and fatty leopard sauce, a strange dish, but extremely simple. Not only is it a food to relieve boredom, but it is also a diet dish for those who are losing weight.
How to choose tasty beef for Vietnamese steak salad recipe?
When it comes to making Vietnamese steak salad recipe, the pieces of beef tenderloin and the core of the shoulder are the best beef parts to use. These beef parts have a distinct and delicious flavor, meat that is soft and not chewy, and meat has alternating fatty veins, so when it is pan-fried, it will taste as delicious as butter. In addition, this is the flesh of the cow that is high in protein, as well as other nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
- Tenderloin: Tenderloin is another name for the internal loin since it is located within the spine. This is the most costly, flavorful, and delicate section of the cow, and it also commands the highest price. This portion of the flesh will be taken from the lumbar section of the cow, which extends up to the middle of the dorsal vertebrae. The flesh is tender, has a pleasant flavor, and is lean.
- Striploin: The outermost portion of the loin, known as the striploin, is removed from the spine between the waist and the hip. The lean meat on the inside is protected from processing by a thin coating of fat that covers the exterior. This keeps the meat from drying out.
- Cube roll – Rib eye: The flesh that is joined immediately above the loin along the spine and known as rib eye. Also known as a cube roll. Since they are taken from the flesh below the waist, which is an inactive part of the cow, they contain a little amount of fat and muscle distributed throughout, which ensures that the meat will be incredibly delicate, flavorful, and aromatic.
- Oyster Blade: The meat will be sliced from the region of the cow that is situated between the neck and the shoulder. The Oyster Blade has a center tendon that extends from the loin, and it has a lot of alternating fat that is smooth and attractive, which makes it incredibly aromatic, greasy, buttery, and soft. Because of these characteristics, it is known for having a crisp texture and a sweet flavor.
Making the best Vietnamese steak salad recipe is not only choosing the right meat but also having fresh, “real” meat, without chemicals. This is because now there are many cases of fake beef by soaking chemicals in rancid, stale pork. You need to pay attention to the following factors:
- Color: The flesh is bright red, not dark. If there is fat, the fat is bright yellow. Small pieces of meat, evenly arranged.
- Feel: Use your hand to gently press on the piece of meat, if there is elasticity, the meat is tight, there is no water coming out, and the color is not pale, this is fresh meat.
- Smell: Fresh beef has a very recognizable characteristic smell, no strange smell, the smell of rancid, stale. In contrast, diseased meat or meat with antibiotics, fake meat will be wet to the touch, there will be a yellow discharge when pressed, and gray meat as well as inelastic has a strange smell, and is difficult to smell.
- Should prefer to choose bulls over cows, choose heifers, delicious and tender.
Tips for making beef steak
- Should be defrosted before cooking so that the seasoning process penetrates the meat evenly.
- Prepare grilling equipment: grill, cast iron pan, oven, … Heat transfer and cleanliness of the utensils will affect the speed of cooking of the meat.
- Oven temperature: at 232 degrees Celsius, the oven must be very hot for the perfect steak.
- When sautéing, don’t try to overcook the meat as it will dry out and become unappetizing.
- Use simple seasonings. Beef steak when marinated with simple spices, the more delicious it is. Just salt, pepper, and olive oil will get delicious beef.
- When turning the meat, you should be gentle to avoid the water in the meat running out and losing its natural sweetness. You should remember not to turn the piece of meat too many times.
- Cooking time soup: At first, just fry it on high heat for 2-3 minutes so that the outer layer of meat is almost golden. Before placing the pan inside the oven, butter should be added to it. Baking time is about 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat.
- Handling when meat is cooked: do not cut meat as soon as it is removed from the oven, this will cause the nutritious juice inside to flow out. Let the meat out for 1-2 minutes for the water to seep back inside, the dish will become more perfect.
- When cutting meat, use your left hand to hold the fork to hold the piece of meat, and your right hand to hold the knife carefully.
Above are our share about the secret to making a delicious and nutritious Vietnamese steak salad recipe. Good luck to you!