Shaking beef is a nutritious dish for all family members, from adults to children. Besides, the way to make beef jerky is also very simple, the ingredients or spices are not too picky. When enjoying, you will feel the tender and fragrant beef, evenly absorbed by the spices. To achieve this taste, a few tips to make a shaking beef Vietnamese recipe will help you!
What is Vietnamese shaking beef?
Shaking beef is a dish of French-inspired Vietnamese cuisine consisting of stir-fried beef with bell pepper, lettuce, tomato, red onion, pepper, and soy sauce. The beef is cut into small cubes the size of toy dice (rattles) before being sautéed.
Beef used to be a luxury meat in Vietnamese cuisine, so this dish is mainly served at formal events such as weddings and anniversaries. Today, it is a popular food eaten by locals in Vietnam. Below with be the best Vietnamese shaking beef recipe.
How to make an authentic shaking beef Vietnamese recipe?
How To Make Shaking Beef Vietnamese Recipe?Cuisine: Vietnamese
Below is the simple but tasty Shaking Beef Vietnamese recipe. Let’s begin:
500g beef tenderloin
Yellow bell pepper, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper 100g each
5 stalks cilantro
30g minced garlic
3g tapioca flour
Condiments: cooking oil, oyster sauce, sugar, monosodium glutamate, chili sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, five flavors, pepper, black soy sauce.
- Step 1: Prepare beef
Beef washed with dilute salt water and then drained. Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces, about 1 finger long, then marinate with 1 teaspoon of seasoning, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
Mix well and let the beef marinate for 15 minutes to infuse the flavors. You should put on gloves and mix the beef by hand.
- Step 2: Prepare vegetables
Peel the garlic and chop it finely. Scallions washed, cut into bite-sized pieces about 2 fingers. Onions and bell peppers washed and cut into bite-sized pieces about 1 finger. Peeled potatoes, washed and cut into sticks about 3 fingers long and soaked in dilute salt water for about 15 minutes.
Put the pan on the stove and add 100ml of oil, when the oil is hot, fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes until crispy, during the frying process, stir until golden, then take out the oil absorbent paper.
Tips: To make the fries more crispy, boil them briefly in boiling water, then soak them in ice water, then drain them. To make the bell peppers and onions more crispy when cooked, they should also be soaked in ice water for 5-10 minutes after cutting.
- Step 3: Make shaking beef sauce
Put 50g oyster sauce, 15g sugar, 15g monosodium glutamate, 25g chili sauce, 20g soy sauce, 15g ketchup, 1g five spices, 1g pepper, 5g black soy sauce, 15g cooking oil into a bowl and mix well. Note that you must stir well to dissolve the sugar and other spices.
- Step 4: Make shaking beef Vietnamese recipe
Put a pan on the stove, and add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, and 10g of margarine. When the butter is melted, continue to add 15g of minced garlic, fry it until fragrant, and golden, and then pour in the beef. Note, you stir-fry on high heat and stir quickly. Next, add ½ of the sauce made above and mix well. When the beef is lightly cooked, turn off the heat and pour it into a large bowl.
Put another pan on the stove, and add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and 10g of margarine. When the butter melts, add the onion first, then the 3 bell peppers, and finally the rest of the sauce. Then, add the lightly fried beef above, mix well, and turn off the heat.
Tips: To make the beef soft and sweet, without much water, stir-fry the beef on high heat, stir well, and stir-fry quickly because long-frying the beef will be tough.
- Step 6: Enjoy shaking beef Vietnamese
Shaken beef should be eaten when it is hot, it will be less attractive when it cools down. The beef is soft, fragrant, and rich, with the smell of butter and the flesh of garlic and ginger. Add a little bit of astringency of wine, a bit of pungent, crunchy sweetness of bell peppers and onions, and the aroma of onions. All flavors blend together, creating an irresistible attraction for this delicious beef dish.
This dish you can combine with a little french fries, and freshly sliced tomatoes, and sipping with a glass of wine is extremely delicious.
- Step 5: Finished shaking beef recipe Vietnamese
The shaken beef dish is completed with very eye-catching and attractive colors, tender and fragrant beef that is very tasty to eat.
Add the fleshy taste of potatoes, and the freshness of bell peppers and onions, all creating a very delicious taste.
Come to the kitchen and show off your talent for the whole family to enjoy!
Tips for making recipe-shaking beef Vietnamese
- Do not use salt to marinate beef as salt can make the beef tough.
- Shaken beef sauce after making can be kept in the refrigerator for about 1 week. This sauce is not only used for beef jerky but can also be applied to other vegetable stir-fries.
- Use butter to make the beef lighter and more flavorful.
- Marinating the beef with cooking oil will make the beef softer.
- Marinating beef with tapioca flour will help beef retain water and become softer.
- You should not overcook the beef as it will make the beef hard.
How to buy tasty beef?
To have a delicious dish with beef, when choosing to buy fresh beef, we need to pay attention to:
- Delicious beef is usually bright red, the fat is light yellow, and the tendons are white and hard if pressed. Should choose to buy pieces of meat with a soft texture, small but not too smooth.
- Press your finger into the meat, if the meat has good elasticity, does not stick to your hands, is dry, not viscous, and does not have a bad smell, it is fresh and still fresh beef. Beef is usually more delicious than bull meat, if you choose heifer, the better because it will be softer and sweeter. Fresh beef is always more delicious, nutritious, and attractive than old and rancid beef.
- Do not buy pieces of beef with strange colors such as pale green or strange round white spots between the fibers or the meat has a bad smell.
- In addition, pieces of beef with dark red color, dark yellow fat, yellow bones, mushy meat, sticky to the touch, or viscous juice should absolutely not be bought. Because these may be pieces of meat that are old, stale, or because of poor storage.
- If you are making rattles, you should choose pieces that are fresh beef, sirloin, fillet, or rump. So that when stir-frying, the meat will be soft and not chewy, with a sweet taste.
- Beef should be stir-fried with high heat, when cooked, turn off the stove immediately, if you continue to cook, the meat will be tough and reduce the juicy flavor of the meat.
Above are the shares of Tasty Touch about the secret to making delicious and nutritious shaking beef Vietnamese recipe. Good luck to you!