For those who want beautiful skin and a slim figure, salad is a dish that has become very familiar. However, are you bored with the salad plate with only vegetables, vegetables, and vegetables?
Instead, cleverly add a few ingredients rich in protein but not fat to help balance nutrients and the dish will become more attractive. Today, Tasty Touch will bring you a delicious dish that is attractive, easy to make, and very suitable for girls who are on a diet – how to make a delicious Vietnamese chicken salad recipe.
Like many other salads, the grilled chicken salad also includes main ingredients such as lettuce, cherry tomatoes, purple cabbage… and of course, grilled chicken. A delicious and “charming” salad plate must have both eye-catching colors and harmonious flavors. Grilled meat has a crispy golden skin, richly seasoned, not too dry nor too friable. Let’s go to the kitchen together and make a tasty Vietnamese chicken cabbage salad recipe!
Benefits of salad on the daily diet
Natural source of fiber
Green and raw vegetables are great sources of natural fiber. Consuming enough fiber each day not only helps lower “bad” cholesterol and control blood sugar, but it also aids weight loss and weight maintenance. In addition, fiber normalizes bowel movements and aids in the prevention of intestinal disease. Therefore, salad is a great choice to provide natural fiber for the body.
Provides minerals and vitamins
Combining a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables with different colors in a salad will make the dish more attractive and delicious. Eating salad every day will load many vitamins and minerals for the body, and at the same time increase the level of powerful antioxidants in the blood and fight inflammation in the body.
Eating a high-fiber salad before you start your meal will help you feel full faster, so you’ll consume fewer calories than you could with the main course. This will make weight control more effective.
Absorb healthy fats
Add a few tablespoons of a mixture of raw or roasted seeds like pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, flax, or chia seeds to your salad to boost your daily intake of good fats. Alternatively, you can also substitute the above nuts by experimenting with different oils and sauces.
Help strengthen bones
Low vitamin K levels are associated with low bone mineral density in women. For healthy bones, a full recommended daily serving can be found in just 1 cup of salad from vegetables such as watercress, radicchio lettuce, spinach, etc.
Enhance eye health
The presence of carotenoids in green leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, etc. can help the eyes adjust from light to dark and filter out high levels of intense light, thereby providing protection. eyes from the formation of harmful free radicals.
How to make a Vietnamese chicken salad recipe?
How to Make Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe in 6 Steps
Below is a simple but tasty Vietnamese chicken salad recipe. Let’s begin:
Chicken breast 200: gr
Cabbage: 500 gr
Carrots: 100 gr
2 lettuce plants
Cherry tomatoes: 5 fruits
Olives: 100 gr
Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
Rice oil: 3 tablespoons
Sugar, salt, ground pepper, olive oil, mayonnaise.
- Step 1: Prepare and marinate chicken breasts
Buy chicken breast, wash it thoroughly with diluted salt water, then rinse with clean water, then drain and marinate spices.
You put the chicken breast on a cutting board or plate, and use a fork to marinate the chicken so that when marinating the chicken, the seasoning can be absorbed faster. Chicken breast after cleaning, blanching in boiling water to hunt meat and filter dirt, marinate with the following ingredients: 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon seasoning, and ½ teaspoon ground pepper. If not, you can replace it with 2 teaspoons of five spices and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
Use your gloved hand to massage the chicken evenly so that the spices are evenly absorbed on all sides!
- Step 2: Prepare ingredients
The lettuce you buy is washed several times with water, then taken out to dry, and then cut into small pieces to eat and put in a bowl. Onions peel off the outer skin, wash and dry. You just need to use 1/2 onion and cut the areca nut and put it in the salad bowl.
Cherry tomatoes are washed, halved, and also put in a bowl that already has lettuce and onions. Cut cabbage into small pieces and wash with clean water. You also wash the olives with water and cut them into small circles and put them in a bowl to prepare the salad.
- Step 3: Boiled chicken breast
Put the chicken breast in the pot and pour the water to cover the meat. Note that the chicken breasts should not be stacked on top of each other, if you have a lot, you should use a large pot or divide it into 2-3 boils. Next, you add a few slices of lemon, salt, pepper, and the seasonings you want to add
Fill the chicken with water, cook until the water boils, and skim off the foam that collects on the surface of the water. Slowly lower the temperature according to the thickness of the meat. Depending on the thickness of each piece, it will take 8-15 minutes to cook. You can use a knife to divide the chicken breast into several pieces before boiling it to make the chicken breast cook faster.
Then turn off the heat and remove the meat to cool. Do not soak in hot water for a long time as this will cause the meat to dry out. Do not throw away the chicken breast broth because it can be used to cook rice or make other soups. When the chicken is cooked, take it out to a plate immediately, slice it thinly or shred it as you like.
- Step 4: Make the sauce
You put in a bowl 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of rice oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Then use a spoon to stir well until the seasoning is completely dissolved.
- Step 5: Mix the salad
The salad dressing part is probably too familiar to us because the operations are extremely simple. First, you remove the root of the lettuce and separate it into leaves, slice onions vertically, purple cabbage, slice cherry tomatoes in half and wash, soak with a little dilute salt water.
After draining, mix all ingredients together with lemon juice, a teaspoon of olive oil, and a teaspoon of sugar. You put the finished mixing sauce into the bowl of vegetable mixture and mix well for about 2 minutes and put on a plate.
Finally, you cut the cooked chicken breast into thin slices and put it on the plate of mixed vegetables to finish a delicious and attractive grilled chicken salad. Add a little mayonnaise on top of the salad and you can enjoy it right away.
Chicken breast is low in fat and ranks as one of the best weight-loss foods. In addition, if you are on a diet, you should also use olive oil instead of regular cooking oils and limit the amount of mayonnaise in your dishes. To ensure the deliciousness of the meat as well as the freshness and crispiness of the vegetables, you should also use the salad immediately after processing, do not leave it for too long, it will easily lead to friable meat, and fast vegetables!
- Step 6: Finished Vietnamese chicken salad recipe
Grilled chicken salad with tomato salad has a sweet and sour taste mixed with the eye-catching colors of vegetables and the tender chicken is just enough to absorb the spices, creating a wonderful combination.
Grilled chicken salad is often served as an appetizer in restaurants and hotels. However, girls who are on a diet can use it as a main dish or in the evening. Besides chicken breast, you can also replace it with beef or tuna, which also has a safe and scientific weight loss effect.
This mixed salad is simple, and not too demanding, but it will make the meal menu more delicious and attractive!
How to choose fresh ingredients?
How to choose fresh chicken?
- When choosing to buy chicken, pay attention to choosing a piece of meat with characteristic golden skin, thin skin, smooth hand feeling, and certain elasticity.
- Pay attention to the color of the meat inside. If there is a natural pinkish-red color, not too light or too dark, then the meat is fresh and of guaranteed quality. If the meat has bruises, abnormal hematomas or the flesh is pale, or dark, you should not choose to buy it.
- If you choose pre-packaged and processed chicken, you should pay attention to the expiration date and the outer packaging to see if it is intact or not.
- To ensure quality, you can choose to buy chicken at large markets and supermarkets to ensure quality and origin.
How to choose fresh tomatoes?
- Choose tomatoes with an eye-catching bright red outer skin, ensuring that they are intact, plump, and without scratches or signs of waterlogging.
- Naturally ripe tomatoes have a characteristic mild scent, the stem on the fruit is still fresh, sticking to the fruit body.
- Avoid choosing to buy tomatoes with a patchy skin color, when you can’t smell the aroma and the stem is separated from the fruit.
How to choose fresh carrots?
- Prioritize choosing to buy carrots with bright orange color, smooth skin, straight tuber shape, size is not too big but just enough and when held in hand, it will feel firm and have moderate firmness.
- It should be noted not to choose to buy tubers that show signs of cracking, distorted shape, or the color of the outer layer that has changed color or smells bad because these are tubers that have been stored for a long time and do not guarantee quality.
How to choose fresh purple cabbage?
- Choose to buy medium-sized cabbage, with a round shape, the outer leaves are not crushed or torn.
- Cabbage has a uniform color and natural aroma, with no strange smell.
- Using the hand to handle the cabbage feels heavy, the hand is the delicious corn.
- Do not buy cabbage that is light or too big, when eaten, it will be less delicious.
Boiled chicken breast mixed with cabbage, lettuce, and sweet and sour sauce is both anti-boring and healthy. This dish is loved by many families, easy to eat, and easy to make without spending much time and effort. Save the Vietnamese chicken salad recipe to make for the family.