Grilled ribs are a dish that many people like. However, not everyone knows how to have a delicious Vietnamese pork ribs recipe. If you don’t choose the right ingredients with the perfect spice ratio, it will make the ribbed cone dry and chewy, making the dish lose its taste. To get authentic pork ribs, check out the Vietnamese caramelized pork ribs recipe below.
What are Vietnamese pork ribs?
In Vietnam, grilled ribs are mainly made of pork ribs and are often served with broken rice filled with onion fat, served with tomatoes, pickles, and cucumbers, popular in rice shops, and sold in the morning and evening.
Vietnamese pork ribs are processed by chopping ribs including bones and meat, followed by the seasoning stage so that the ribs can absorb the spices evenly (marinated ribs with chili sauce, honey, seasoning powder, garlic, onions, water, etc.) soy sauce, cooking oil) followed by the baking stage. Can be grilled with a griddle or tongs to grill. The grilling time is just enough for the ribs to be cooked evenly and not too burnt, the best ribs are golden (of grease) and cooked evenly on both sides. Grilled ribs can be grilled with many other spices such as honey or lemongrass.
Vietnamese pork ribs are a favorite dish of many families because of the delicious and rich flavor of the meat. However, when grilled, ribs are often dry, firm, and not tasty. Therefore, there are many ways to make grilled ribs delicious, but first of all, do not marinate ribs with salt, only marinade soy sauce or fish sauce. When grilling, do not press the meat, but let the meat cook naturally and regularly spread the marinade on the ribs, avoiding repeated turning.
There is also the double-baking technique. Roast for the first time and then put it back in the marinade, occasionally returning the ribs to absorb. When it’s almost ready to eat, take it out and grill it again until the ribs are fully cooked. While grilling, you should only keep the heat on medium-low, pay attention when grilling, turn the sides evenly and apply a little more oil on each side to prevent the meat from drying out.
Quality is achieved when the pork ribs are an attractive golden color and delicious taste, the grilled ribs must be tender, with a little bit of spicy.
How to make a Vietnamese caramelized pork rib recipe?
Vietnamese Pork Ribs Recipe
Below is a simple but tasty Vietnamese pork ribs recipe. Let’s begin:
Garlic 10 gr
Onion 10 gr
Chili 10 gr
Chili powder 2 teaspoons
Satay 1 teaspoon
Pepper 1/2 teaspoon
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
White wine 1 teaspoon
Sugar 1 tbsp
Cooking oil 1 tbsp
- Step 1: Prepare ingredients
Take the purchased ribs, wash them with salt and wash them with clean water, you can use a knife to cut each line along the ribs for easy absorption, and drain. Onions, garlic, chili, you mince.
Ways to help you cut peppers without burning your hands: Before cutting, put the chili in the freezer for about 10 minutes, then cut it to limit the secretions of chili peppers to reduce burning. Or you can use cooking oil to rub your hands evenly, this oil has a good effect against burning caused by cutting peppers. More simply, you can use plastic gloves to cut peppers to help prevent burns!
- Step 2: Soak the ribs (Optional)
Put the chopped ribs in a large bowl, pour in carbonated soft drinks, and soak the ribs for 20 minutes. Then take it out using absorbent paper, and pat dry on both sides.
You can also choose to soak the ribs in fresh milk or yogurt. The purpose of soaking is to make the ribs softer and less smelly. Or if you like the original ribs, you can skip this step altogether.
- Step 3: Marinate grilled ribs
Add minced garlic, onion, and chili with 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon satay, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon white wine, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, and mix well. These ingredients will make a beautiful caramel mixture.
Put the mixture on the ribs, spread evenly, and marinate for 2 hours for the ribs to really absorb the flavor.
- Step 4: Grill the ribs
If you have a charcoal stove, you can grill the ribs on the charcoal stove, which will bring a more delicious and standard flavor to the ribs. When testing the ribs, you should occasionally turn the 2 sides of the ribs to prevent the ribs from burning. Occasionally use a spoon and spread the marinade on the ribs with a little oil on the ribs to prevent the ribs from drying out.
If you don’t have a charcoal stove, you can also grill ribs with an oven. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius to preheat it.
After that, you put 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in the bag of ribs and mix them well, the purpose is so that when grilling, the ribs will not be dry, begin to arrange the ribs on a tray and then put the meat in the oven to bake. Every 15 minutes, you proceed to turn the side of the ribs 1 time and then use a brush to brush the marinade of the ribs, continue to grill like this until the ribs are golden brown.
- Step 5: Finished pork rib Vietnamese recipe
Grilled ribs with salt and pepper with chili flavor, the meat is seasoned with spices to taste, the meat is soft and not dry, stimulating the taste, making the family meal more delicious.
The successful grilled rib dish is the brown rib with cockroach wings, eye-catching color, and sparkling, fragrant flavor from marinated spices. When eating without feeling that the ribs are rugged, lack moisture, and have sweet and tender meat, you have succeeded.
Choosing fresh and tasty ribs for a Vietnamese pork rib recipe
- Color: In general, the color of fresh ribs should be from bright red to pink, the fresher the ribs, the brighter the color of the ribs. If the ribs are white or dark, do not buy them. This rib has been stored for a long time, is no longer fresh, and should be avoided.
- Elasticity: When buying ribs we need to touch the ribs. Fresh ribs have a tender and elastic feel, and the meat is tender and moist. The ribs have a sticky, slightly viscous feel to the touch, which is the type that should not be chosen for a long time.
- Smell: Fresh ribs only have the aroma of pork, no pungent or antibiotic smell. If you find the meat has a lot of flavors or has other special smells, it is best not to buy such ribs.
- You should choose the type with flat and small bones because they often have more meat than the rest of the ribs. However, you should not choose ribs with too small bones because the pig is not big enough, the ribs at this time are not delicious, and can not guarantee that it is a healthy pig.
- For grilled dishes, choose the type of ribs with a lot of meat, the lean, low-fat, and cartilaginous ribs are the best.
- If you buy meat from the market, you should go early in the morning, the ribs are just on the cutting board, more choices. And the outside conditions are not as good as in other places, making the meat perishable, and no longer delicious.
Tips for making Vietnamese caramelized pork ribs recipe
- Preliminary preparation of ribs: First, you still proceed to wash the pork ribs with water and cut the ribs into small pieces. Then, you put the pork chops in a bowl with 3-4 tablespoons of flour and mix well so that the flour is fully absorbed into each rib. Wheat flour will absorb all the frozen secretions and dirt on the surface of the meat. You mix the ribs with flour for about 2 minutes and then rinse with water. Wash it about 2-3 times, until you see that the water is as clear as water.
- Do not put too much salt on the ribs. It is not wrong to say that salt and spices are the most basic seasoning of many dishes. Depending on the dish, we have different ways of seasoning salt. More than that, adding salt at the wrong time can also make the dish more salty and hard.
- Do not marinate sugar with young ribs when processing fried and grilled dishes. Because sugar easily melts and makes the dish easy to burn. Instead, you can use honey, or caramel sauce instead
- Should marinate young ribs with spices: orange, honey, and cooking oil. These spices will make the ribs more permeable and tender, no longer hard or chewy.
- It is recommended to marinate young ribs with the spice mixture for at least 30 minutes to ensure that the ribs are absorbed, when cooking the dish will be more delicious.
Above are the shares of Tasty Touch about the secret to making delicious and nutritious Vietnamese pork ribs recipe. Hope that this best recipe for Vietnamese caramelized pork ribs can help you become the master chef of your family. Good luck to you!