Vietnamese grilled pork as the main ingredient has long been extremely famous and especially loved by Vietnamese people. With an eye-catching golden fat layer along with an attractive taste, grilled pork is the ideal dish for warm family parties. Today, Tasty Touch will come to the kitchen to consult with you on the best Vietnamese grilled pork recipe.
How to make Vietnamese grilled pork recipe?
How to Make Vietnamese Grilled Pork Recipe in 4 Simple StepsCourse: Pork, RecipesCuisine: Vietnamese
Below is a simple but tasty Vietnamese Grilled Pork recipe. Let’s begin:
1 kg Belly/Bacon or Loin/Tenderloin
4 lemongrass plants
4 dried onions
4 cloves of garlic
Fish sauce: 2 teaspoons
Brown sugar water: 2 teaspoons
Honey: 2 teaspoons
Cooking oil: 4 tablespoons
Cashew oil (or cashew powder)
White sesame (optional)
Common seasoning: (salt/sugar/seasoning)
- Step 1: Prepare the pork
Crispy head pork shoulder washed, patted dry or drained, cut into pieces about 0.5cm (should not be thinly sliced, it will dry out when grilled, nor should it be sliced thick, it will take a long time to absorb the spices).
Lemongrass, garlic, and dried onions are washed, peeled, and then pounded to squeeze or squeeze the juice to marinate. Do this so that the meat doesn’t burn while grilling. If there is garlic powder, onion powder, and lemongrass powder, it will be more convenient.
- Step 2: Marinate the pork
First, you put the prepared bacon into the bowl. Marinate the meat with 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons broth, 2 tablespoons cooking oil, 2 tablespoons delicious fish sauce, 1 tablespoon soy sauce (soy sauce), 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons pepper, 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil (will be more fragrant), 1 teaspoon cashew powder (or 1 tablespoon cashew oil).
Lemongrass, dried onion, crushed garlic, squeeze the juice to marinate the meat (if there is garlic powder, onion powder, lemongrass powder will be more convenient). Next, you mix well to absorb the spices. After mixing the meat well, put the meat in a plastic bag, tie it tightly, then put it in the refrigerator for 5 hours.
- Step 3: Grill the pork
After marinating the meat for enough time, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and white sesame (white sesame, optional) and stir well. You alternately arrange the meat on a baking tray or skewer the meat on bamboo skewers with alternating lean fat. If any piece is long, fold it in half, and spread it out so that the meat is cooked evenly when grilling. The remaining marinade is kept, add 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of cashew oil (or cooking oil), and 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, mix well, and used to spread on the meat when grilling to help create a beautiful shine and color…
Grilled with oven
After arranging, you bring the meat to grill in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take out the meat tray, turn the meat over, and grill for another 15 minutes.
Grilled with charcoal
You can grill meat in an oven or an air fryer, but the best is with charcoal. Lightly brush the cooking oil on the grill, and arrange the meat skewers, in turn, to spread evenly. If using the oven, add water to a black tray (or lined with foil), preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180-200 degrees, then place the skewers on the grill. After 10 minutes, remove the meat, and spread the sauce mixture on top.
Repeat again, turning (turning) the meat skewers, brushing, and grilling until the meat is golden, and slightly browned. The total time is about 35-40 minutes. With the air fryer, you also adjust the temperature and time as above.
Note: Do not place or skew the meat too much, it will make the meat difficult to cook, and unevenly cooked when grilling.
- Step 4: Finished grilled pork recipe Vietnamese
Grilled pork has a beautiful golden color. The meat is soft and absorbent, especially with the aroma of lemongrass. Grilled pork with lemongrass with an extremely attractive taste can be eaten with white rice in family meals or used to treat parties.
How to choose fresh and tasty pork?
- You should choose fresh pieces of pork with bright colors, delicious meat color will be light pink or light red, and the fat will be white with a slight ivory color.
- Using a knife to test the meat vertically, you will see that the meat is a bit tight, the surface is dry, and the skin is soft.
- Avoid choosing pieces of meat that are strangely colored, pale in color, or too dark in color. The surface of the meat is glossy, and it is slightly viscous to the touch, so it is absolutely not recommended to buy.
- Bright colors, light pink or light red.
- Delicious meat when smelled will have a characteristic aroma of meat, this smell is not unpleasant, and there is no fishy smell.
- Pieces of meat that have had a strange smell, a fishy smell, or a rancid smell are spoiled meat that has not been stored in the right conditions.
- Meat has a characteristic aroma, no strange smell, and a rancid smell.
- Try pressing on the meat with your hand to see that the meat has good elasticity, after withdrawing the meat back to its original shape, there is no indentation on the surface of the meat, and the meat is fresh.
- When you touch it, you can see that the meat is firm, not too hard or pasty, and there is no viscous fluid, you can choose to buy it.
- Press the meat with your hand to check the elasticity
Layer of skin
- Pigs raised in normal conditions will have a layer of fat about 1.5 – 2 fingers thick, you can easily observe the fat layer and thick skin as the simplest feature to identify pork without weight gain.
- Should choose pieces of pork with separate meat and fat texture, but must stick to each other, touching with your hands finds it difficult to separate them.
- Pieces of meat with fat and lean meat that are separate, touching with yellow fluid are the pigs raised with lean substances, and should not be bought.
How to prepare pork?
Blanch over boiling water
Buy pork, clean it, and put it in a pot containing clean water so that the water just covers the meat. Put the pot on the stove, boil for about 2-3 minutes, quickly take out all the meat, and rinse with clean water to effectively deodorize.
Pork should not be blanched in water for too long as it will affect the flavor of the meat and reduce the natural sweetness. When boiled, you can add a few crushed lemongrass roots, a few slices of ginger, or a little white wine to increase the deodorizing effect.
Soak in dilute salt water
A common way and used more often is to use granulated salt dissolved in water, put all the cleaned pork in and soak for 10-15 minutes. When enough time is up, take out the meat and rinse it under running water. When soaking, you can add a few slices of crushed ginger, or a few drops of white wine, to help clean your meat better.
Use deodorant ingredients
Ingredients such as dried onion/white/wine/vinegar/ginger/lemongrass are ingredients that work to remove the natural fishy smell of pork. When preparing the pork broth, you can add it to the pot of water and blanch the meat for about 2-3 minutes.
Tips for making Vietnamese grilled pork recipe
Each person will have a secret to having their own delicious barbecue, be it with honey, chicken eggs, or add a little oyster sauce as some people share. If you want to have a more delicious and attractive meat dish, follow these simple tips:
- Should marinate food with sauce before grilling. Sauces, in addition to enhancing the flavor of dishes, can also increase the safety of grilled food.
- Blanch meat briefly in boiling water or broth before grilling, this will make it more crispy after grilling.
- The quality of the grill also plays an important role. Should choose grills made of high heat-resistant ceramic and stainless steel. Absolutely do not use an aluminum griddle because the reaction between acid and aluminum during baking will create toxic substances.
- Do not turn over and over again, but girll until golden brown on one side and then flip the other side. You should apply oil continuously on foods during baking to help them soften and cook quickly, not dry.
- Using too much sugar for baking will be very dangerous because sugar is flammable, causing a bitter taste and bad effects on health. Instead, use honey.
- Before baking, carefully filter the fatty meat, for minced meat, add a little flour to prevent the generation of harmful substances. The ingredients should be divided into small portions
- Girll at low or moderate heat to limit smoke.
- If using an oven, you should add a cup of glass water to it, this will prevent the meat from burning hard because the water evaporates to help the meat tender and moist.
- When eating grilled food, remove all scorched parts because it is the place that contains the most toxins.
- Many people enjoy sipping Vietnamese grilled pork with beer. This is a risk that leads to gout, even cancer.
- You should not be too passionate about eating grilled foods, but only use them sparingly, no more than 2 times a week
So we have just shared with you a delicious and simple Vietnamese grilled pork recipe that anyone can make. Wish you success and have moments to fully enjoy with your family!