Spring roll is definitely a familiar dish for Vietnamese people. Each region will have its own way of eating to suit everyone’s taste. Spring rolls will be much more delicious when there is a cup of delicious fish sauce, suitable for accompanying them.
Therefore, the way to make a Vietnamese dipping sauce for spring rolls also has many different flavors and ways of mixing. In this article, we will introduce to you a few ways to make delicious Vietnamese dipping sauce which is preferred by many people.
What is a Vietnamese dipping sauce recipe?
The Vietnamese dipping sauce is the most famous dipping sauce made from fish sauce. The simplest recipe for this condiment is a little lime juice, or sometimes rice vinegar, one part fish sauce, one part sugar, and two parts boiling water to cool.
Normally, Vietnamese people will often add uncooked minced garlic, and minced chili according to the taste of the eater, and in some cases, chopped carrots or white radish and green papaya are added. to make a dipping sauce for noodles. Or when serving seafood, such as eel, a few slices of lemongrass are also served.
If you want to get more about Vietnamese peanut sauce, you can try visit our blog.
The dipping sauce is prepared hot on the stove to help it dissolve the sugar faster, then cooled. Flavors can vary from person to person and from region to region but mainly depending on regional ingredients will affect what is added to the dipping sauce, but it is often described as It has a distinct pungent taste if sliced chili or ginger is added, sweet but sour if lemon and monosodium glutamate are added.
Northern Vietnamese people tend to use mixed fish sauce more in cooking, using traditional recipes, but with added broth made from pork or pork or beef bones.
In the Central region, people prefer to use a form of fish sauce mixed with less dilution and with the same ratio of fish sauce and sugar as the above recipe, but with a little more water and with fresh chili. Southern Vietnamese often use palm sugar and coconut water as sweeteners in dipping sauces instead of soup powder to bring out a more natural sweetness when eaten.
How to make Vietnamese spring roll dipping sauce?
How To Make Vietnamese Dipping Sauce For Spring Rolls?Course: Recipes, SauceCuisine: Vietnamese
How to make Vietnamese dipping sauce for spring rolls?? Let’s follow the following details:
2 fresh lemons (squeezed lemon juice)
200g green papaya
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1.5 tablespoons vinegar
4 tablespoons water
2.5 tablespoons sugar
2 cloves minced garlic
3 minced chili
2 chopped coriander leaves
- Step 1: Prepare ingredients
First, peel the garlic and then wash it. Then, soak it in a sugar-water mixture of 1 liter of water and 30g of sugar for about 30 minutes. Next, take it out to dry, and use paper towels to absorb water for the garlic to dry completely.
Chili is cut off the stem and washed. Similar to garlic, use paper towels to absorb water to dry completely. Because if the chili and garlic are wet, they will spoil when soaked.
Most people usually just smash garlic, minced garlic, and chili without mincing it very well, doing so will cause garlic and chili peppers to sink to the bottom, not to the top, and the bowl of sauce will not be beautiful. You can chop together or mince garlic and chili separately.
Half a carrot you peeled and sliced horizontally (make sure each carrot cavity is about 5cm long) You peel the green papaya, cut the ends, remove all the seeds inside and soak in a bowl of dilute salt water for about 30 minutes To papaya out all the latex and keep the white color.
Finally, you use a knife to grate the carrots and papaya into long strips. Or if you want the dipping sauce to be nice, you can prune the flower-shaped carrots and cut the papaya in the shape of a propeller.
Note: You can choose papayas that are almost ripe (the inside is pink-red but still hard) because these have more papaya aroma and a sweeter taste. Papaya has a lot of latex, so when you prepare it, remember to wear gloves to avoid the latex from making your hands itchy.
- Step 2: Marinate ingredients
Put papaya and carrots in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of seasoning, of minced chili, stir well and adjust the seasoning until even. taste.
Then you bring the papaya and carrot mixture to an open place to soak for about 10 minutes to infuse the spices.
- Step 3: Boil fish sauce
First, you put the water and sugar in the pot and then cook and stir until the water is bubbling. Next, add fish sauce to the pot, lower the heat to low, continue to stir for 1-2 minutes, then turn off the stove.
- Step 4: Make Vietnamese spring roll dipping sauce
You put in a bowl about 15 tablespoons of filtered or cooled boiled water, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, stir until the sugar dissolves, 6 tablespoons of fish sauce, a little lemon juice, add the minced garlic and part Add the remaining chili, stir the mixture and season to taste to your family’s taste.
You can follow the recipe: put 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and 5 tablespoons of filtered water into a cup, the ratio is 1:1:1:5, if you want to mix a lot of fish sauce, just mix it. in that proportion is fine.
Note: This dipping sauce recipe is also approximate, depending on the taste of the eater you adjust accordingly. After the dipping sauce is finished, it will have enough attractive sour – spicy – salty – sweet taste.
- Step 5: Finished Vietnamese dipping sauce for spring rolls
So the dipping sauce is done. Normally it will only take you 5-10 minutes to perfect this dipping sauce, but it will make the meal so much more attractive.
The Vietnamese dipping sauce is the soul of the traditional spring rolls dish, clearly showing the specificity of the Vietnamese people’s meticulousness in the culinary art in particular and in the way of life in general. Hopefully with this delicious bun cha fish sauce recipe, wherever you are, you can enjoy this Vietnamese-flavored vermicelli dish.
Tips for making Vietnamese spring roll dipping sauce
- Sugar: brown sugar is milder and warmer than white sugar, but with white sugar, you can boil it to thicken the taste and color, when distilling you should pay attention that only when the sugar turns into candy, that is, it just melts and melts. only yellow, not when the sugar starts to taste bitter.
- Fish sauce: Depending on your personal preference, you can choose a traditional fish sauce with high protein or a fish sauce with low protein and relatively light that is sold a lot in the market. Should choose the type of fish sauce that is not brackish or acrid but rich, try a few types, and then choose the right one!
- To make the pieces of papaya and carrots when eating to have a crunch when making pickles before making melons, you can squeeze them through with a spoonful of vinegar.
- Acidity: it is recommended to use a combination of 5% rice vinegar and lemon in a ratio of 1:1, it will be more delicious, vinegar has a certain depth and depth, and lemon has a cool aroma to create a delicious feeling.
- The general rule of dipping sauce is to mix it in a 1:1:1 ratio, sweet and sour, then adjust if needed. Beat sour and sweet and test the balance, then add fish sauce, and finally water (or chicken broth or coconut water). Minced garlic soaked in vinegar/lemon and chili when eating or about to eat.
- The sauce without garlic and chili can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, if you often use it, you can just mix it up in a bottle, put it in the refrigerator, and then when needed, adjust a little more depending on the dish.
- To make sure our bun cha dipping sauce is delicious, you need to mix the right amount as above, we can do it a little less so that if it doesn’t like it, we can adjust it a little bit. If you add too many ingredients, it will be difficult to adjust the taste of the sauce.
- Besides, the materials used to make it also need to have a freshness and especially food safety and hygiene.
The article above of Tasty Touch has just given everyone a recipe for a super simple but delicious Vietnamese dipping sauce. Wishing you success!