3 Steps To Make Snail Vermicelli (bún ốc) Like VietnameseCourse: Recipes, Rice vermicelli (Bún), Snail, Vietnamese noodles
When eating Hanoi snail vermicelli (bún ốc) you will feel the rich, chewy taste of snail meat mixed with the sweetness of the broth and eaten with raw vegetables, the more delicious it is. Not only that, but how to cook snail vermicelli is not difficult, so this is a dish that many families use for breakfast. Moreover, the ingredients (especially the snails used) used to cook this noodle dish are very familiar and easy to find. Let’s get started with our Bun oc recipe.
Or if you want to get more about the list of rice vermicelli, you can try to visit our blog.
Stuffed octopus (medium): 2 kg
Pork bones: 1 kg
Fresh vermicelli (microfiber); 1 kg
Tofu (tofu): 3 pieces (cover)
Ripe tomatoes: 300 gr
Turmeric powder, lemon, chili. minced purple onion, green onion, cilantro, perilla
Seasoning: pepper, salt, sugar, fish sauce
Accompanying vegetables: lettuce, split water spinach, banana cabbage, thinly sliced banana flower
- Step 1: Prepare ingredients
After buying snails, soak the rice water overnight to remove all dirt. If you don’t have time, you can add a few slices of chili pepper to the water to soak the snails. Then, put a pot of snail broth with a little salt. Note: do not boil too thoroughly to avoid tough snail meat and remember to keep the snail juice.
– After boiling, take out the snail, let it cool slightly, take out the meat and remove the black tail. Next, marinate the snails with about 1.5 teaspoons of fish sauce, a little ground pepper, and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, let stand for about 30 minutes for the snail meat to absorb the spices.
Tomato: wash, remove the stem and add areca.
Chili seeds, finely chopped. Scallions, perilla washed and chopped. The raw vegetables picked up the damaged part, washed, can be chopped to taste.
– Wash tofu, cut into bite-sized squares, fry until golden, take out and drain the oil
– Pork bones: you wash with salt water to remove the fishy smell, then put in a pot with 2 liters of stewed water for about 30 minutes on medium heat. Note: while stewing the bones, remember to constantly skim off the foam to keep the broth clear.
– You pour fresh vermicelli through boiling water, drain.
Maybe you also care about how to cook Bún đậu mắm tôm
- Step 2: Cook snail vermicelli
Put the pot on the stove and add a little cooking oil and cook until it boils, then add the minced purple onion and fry until fragrant. Then, you add the snail meat and tomatoes and stir-fry on high heat for about 3 minutes. Note: if you boiled the snails a little too much earlier, you can put the snails in and stir-fry after the tomatoes, as long as the soup is so that the snail meat is just cooked, don’t be too tough.
– Add snail broth, bone broth, and vinegar to the pot and bring to a boil, season to taste, then drop the tofu into the pot, wait until it boils, then lower the heat to keep it hot until it boils. when using.
If you want to know how to cook Bun cha like a Vietnamese, you can try to prep with our blog.
- Step 3: Present the dish
– You put vermicelli in a bowl, fill with water and scoop out snails, tofu, tomatoes a little each and sprinkle green onions. Snail vermicelli is served with raw vegetables, wherever you eat, put the vegetables there.
If you like Vietnamese food, Chinese food, or Thai food,… make sure you can find authentic recipes on my blog – Tasty Touch!